Bourbon Peach Pancakes topped with bourbon-soaked peaches make for the perfect weekend breakfast!
Give me the option to have booze in my food and I’ll always say yes. There’s something about combining liquor and food that feels so fun and festive. And the best of all combinations, bourbon + baked goods makes me squeal with delight.
So given that it’s the beginning of summer, I thought I’d turn to peaches for a little light and bright bourbon pairing. Pancakes were a natural choice. After all, boozy breakfast is a total crowd-pleaser.
Can’t you just imagine waking up on a Sunday, pouring your morning coffee, and whipping up a batch of these babies? They take no time at all, and you can even soak the bourbon peaches overnight so that all you have to do in the morning is make the pancakes!
So here you have them, folks. Fluffy pancakes warmed by a touch of cinnamon and bursting with peaches, topped with the most delicious bourbon-soaked peaches on top.
If you wanted you could even add a little bourbon to your maple syrup. You know, for that extra wow factor. I’d recommend 1 tablespoon for every 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:
For the bourbon-soaked peaches
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
For the pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 peach, diced into small cubes
Make the bourbon-soaked peaches
- Place sliced peaches into a medium bowl (shallow preferred).
- In a small pot, combine the bourbon and sugar over high heat and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture boils. Remove from heat and pour over the sliced peaches. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. When you're ready to serve, remove the peaches from the bourbon mixture using a slotted spoon.
Make the pancakes
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, whisking to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, bourbon, egg, and vanilla. Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry with the whisk, mixing only until just combined.
- Pour ¼ cup batter mounds onto pan, then place 5-6 peach pieces on top of the batter. Cook for 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with bourbon-soaked peaches, then serve with a dollop of whipped cream and mint leaf!