Prosciutto Pea and Pesto Pasta Salad
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
for the pesto
- 2 large bunches basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3–1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
for the pasta
- 16 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 large burrata, cut into pieces
- 4 oz sliced prosciutto
- microgreens for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse all pesto ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta al dente. In the last minute of cooking, add in asparagus. Drain completely, then run cold water over everything until it comes to room temperature. Drain again.
- Mix in pesto. Add in burrata pieces, peas, and prosciutto. Toss to combined. For that true pasta salad feel, chill in fridge for 30 minutes before serving!