Posted by https://bromabakery.com/2018/12/grain-free-peppermint-chocolate-donuts.html
© 2018 Broma Bakery. All rights reserved.
Grain Free Peppermint Chocolate Donuts
For the donuts
- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
For the peppermint chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large donut baking tray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined. Pour mixture into donut molds, filling ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake donuts for 15 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the ganache, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler (start with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, adding the 4th tablespoon if the mixture is too thick). Once melted, remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip each donut into the peppermint chocolate ganache, shaking off any excess chocolate before placing back on cooling rack to set. Sprinkle donut with crushed peppermint candies. Serve!
Loading nutrition data...