Posted by https://bromabakery.com/2019/01/cinnamon-roll-cake-cream-cheese-glaze.html
© 2019 Broma Bakery. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Buttery sheet cake swirled with ribbons of cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese glaze. This cinnamon roll cake has all the decadence of a Cinnabon cinnamon roll in half the time.
For the Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups plain non- or low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350o F. Line a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with parchment paper on the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl beat the softened butter, granulated sugar and 1/3 cup of the brown sugar together until light and fluffy. add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, whisking to combine. Slowly alternate folding in the flour mixture and the yogurt into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Take the remaining 2/3 cup of brown sugar and mix with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Pour half the batter into the pan, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture, leaving the last 1/3 for the top. Spoon the remaining batter over the first layer, using an offset spatula to even it out. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the batter. Using a knife create cinnamon swirls on the top half of the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is a golden brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- While the cake cools make the glaze. Combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and milk in a large bowl, beating until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk
Loading nutrition data...