- Yield: 8 servings
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons water, for egg wash
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- demerara sugar, for garnish (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix with cubes of butter. Use a pastry cutter to work the butter into the mix until mixtures resembles coarse sand. Using your hands, fold in 1 egg and mix until combined.
- Shape dough into a small rectangle and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine all filling ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out chilled dough on a well-floured surface (I suggest almond flour). Roll dough into a roughly 13″x17″ rectangle (dough will be thin, flour liberally!). Cut into a 12″x16″ rectangle using a sharp knife. Cut the rectangle in half so you have two equal-sized 12″x8″ pieces. Place one piece of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk a large egg with 2 tablespoons of water. Use a pastry brush to brush the outside inch of dough on the baking sheet. Spread pumpkin mixture onto dough, leaving a 2 inch border.
- Carefully place the second piece of dough over the first, using your fingers to slightly push dough together around the edges. Use a large fork to make indents along the border of the pop tart, then poke fork lightly in the center of the poptart to allow air to escape. Brush entire thing with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 17 minutes, until the dough is light golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before topping with cinnamon maple glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl (mixture will be very thick). Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, stir, and drizzle onto poptart. Allow to cool slightly before sprinkling with demerara sugar (optional). Slice into 8 pieces and serve!