Lightened Up Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
for the soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 zucchinis, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 ears corn, sliced off cob
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- more corn
- bacon bits!
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot (caste iron is best), heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add in onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and celery, cooking another 3 minutes. Next stir in zucchini, garlic, and white wine and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Add cherry tomatoes, corn, chicken stock, milk, cream, dijon, and sugar, stirring to combine. Toss in shredded chicken. Once soup comes to a boil, turn to simmer and cover completely.
- Simmer soup for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with microgreens and bacon bits!