- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 overripe large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 10 standard size muffin tins and line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, mashed bananas and granulated sugar, beating until combined. Add the egg and mix well.
- Scrape down the bowl, and add the greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until it begins to come together and no streaks of flour or cocoa powder remain. Last, fold in the chocolate chips, mixing only until just combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way. You can use a large cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup measure to keep things consistent. If you’re feeling indulgent, place a few more chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then turn oven down to 375°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and spring back to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating!