For the crust
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the honey cheesecake
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh figs, sliced thin lengthwise (wait to slice until the very end)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Pulse until the mixture resembles a fine sand and the walnuts are completely pulverized. Pour in butter and pulse until it comes together. Press the crust firmly and evenly into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and eggs until light and fluffy. Add in honey, vanilla, and salt, mixing until combined. Pour over prepared crust.
- Place the 9×9 pan in a water bath (you will need a larger pan filled with 1 inch of water) and place everything into the oven. Bake for 1 hour, then allow the cheesecake to cool completely (about 4 hours).
- Once cooled, arrange the fresh fig slices over the cheesecake. Use a sharp knife or scissors to cut the figs to fit around the perimeter.