- 6 tablespoons Challenge salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons maple extract or maple flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate, cut into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and maple syrup for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, maple extract, vanilla extract, and salt, and beat for an additional minute. Pour in flour and turn the mixer to its lowest speed, working in the flour only until it incorporates.
- Remove from mixer and fold in chocolate chunks. Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Listen, I know they’ll look super underdone, but I’ve made this recipe a jillion times and 10 minutes is the magic number. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet, untouched, for 10 minutes. They will continue to cook and crisp up around the edges during this time.
- Once the cookies have sat for 10 minutes, you can remove them from the cookie sheet and serve!