For the cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate 60% Cacao Baking Chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
For the chocolate coating:
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 30 seconds. Add in both sugars and cream for another minute. Add in egg yolks and vanilla and cream until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing until almost fully combined. Remove from mixer and fold in chopped dark chocolate baking chips and pecans.
- Get out a large piece of plastic wrap and place cookie dough on top. Roll the dough out into a 15-inch log and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Log can last in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove cookie dough from fridge and cut into ¼ inch disks. Place disks 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Cookies should be the faintest bit golden brown, if at all. Allow cookies to cool completely on their baking sheets.
- To make the chocolate coating, place baking chips in a double boiler and heat until melted, stirring the entire time. Remove from heat and dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate. Place on a cooling rack and sprinkle with chopped pecans.