- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 4 ounces raspberries, fresh but frozen so they do not squish when you fold them into the dough
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Work the butter in using a pastry cutter until it becomes the size of small peas. Stir in the buttermilk until everything begins to comes together, but do not over mix.
- Place the dough onto a well-floured surface and carefully work in rhubarb and raspberries. Try to mix as little as possible. Pat dough into a 9 inch circle (about 1″ thick). Cut the scones with a sharp knife into 8 equal slices.
- Place scones on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving an inch between each scone. Place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While freezing, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Once chilled, lightly brush the tops of the scones with heavy cream, then bake for 20 minutes, until they’re light golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle with melted white chocolate!