- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups light or medium brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper or oil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add in chopped chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted completely.
- In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, add in brown sugar. Slowly pour melted chocolate mixture into brown sugar with the mixer running on medium speed. Add in eggs, one at a time, with the mixer still on. Beat for 30 seconds, until the color of the batter lightens just a bit.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla extract, and wine, beating for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for roughly 40 mins, or until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean.