Rhubarb Almond Tea Cakes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable (or canola) oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- pinch orange zest (just a little)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb, plus 10-15 thin 2″ strips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8 mini loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer with paddle attachment, whisk together butter, oil, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in orange zest and both extracts.
- Turn speed to low and add in flour mixture and chopped rhubarb. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter evenly into mini loaf pans. Top each with 1-2 thin strips of rhubarb as a garnish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cakes are lightly brown on the top. Allow to cool slightly before serving!