Salted Maple Caramel
- Yield: 12 ounces caramel 1x
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine maple syrup and granulated sugar. Cook over low heat for 7 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds or so.
- Stir in butter (bubbles may form). Cook for an additional 2 minutes, continuing to stir every 20 seconds.
- Stir in heavy cream and sea salt. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Keep stirring! 🙂
- Caramel is done when it becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Allow caramel to cool slightly before transferring to jar. When ready to use your caramel, reheat it in the microwave for 30 seconds!