for the bark
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- pinch fine sea salt
for the chocolate top
- 9 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- cacao nibs
- dried rose petals
- flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all bark ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Place bark onto prepared baking sheet, and spread a large piece of plastic wrap over the top. Use a rolling pin to spread the bark out to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap from bark and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bark turns a nice golden brown. The edges will be slightly more cooked, but this is OK! Allow to cool slightly while you melt your chocolate.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil. Spread evenly over cooked bark, drizzling the last little bit of melted chocolate to create a drizzle pattern.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with pistachios, cacao nibs, rose petals, and sea salt. Place in freezer for 30 minutes, then remove and cut into pieces!