- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- Stuff basil leaves into a tea strainer ball. Or, for a quick DIY, cut open a tea bag, dump out contents, stuff with basil leaves, and tie it back up (you can be crafty like that).
- Then, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the strawberries break down completely and the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Remove tea strainer and pick out any basil leaves that may have fallen out.
- Serve over a variety of things. Pictured here is greek yogurt with granola and a fresh basil leaf. You can also put it on top of some buttered bread for a delicious light breakfast!