for the Tart Shell (pate sucree):
- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Tillamook sweet cream butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
for the rhubarb:
- 500g rhubarb, cut into short lengths (bias cut if using “herringbone” pattern on top)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small orange, zested and 2 tablespoons juice
- 8 oz Simple Truth Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread
for the frangipane filling:
- 12 tablespoons Tillamook sweet cream butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
for the pate sucree:
With paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy then beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, until fully incorporated into the mixture.
Mix in the flour until it comes together as a ball of dough being careful not to overmix and then, by hand finish incorporating flour remaining at bottom of bowl.
Form into a dis and wrap the pastry then chill for 30 minutes, but up to 1 day.
Roll out, between cling wrap or silpats and fit into standard sized tart shell.
Prick the dough (and rechill if it has warmed up too much) and then using baking beads or rice, blind bake at 350°F until the dough is golden brown (about 15-20 min).
Toss the rhubarb with sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Let sit in fridge (up to overnight).
Spread strawberry jam (and any rhubarb scraps) over bottom of par cooked shell.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together the sugar, butter, almonds, eggs, almond extract, baking powder, salt and flour until creamy. Spoon the mixture over the strawberry-rhubarb purée.
If using the herringbone method, place rhubarb accordingly.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and risen. Cool in the tin until warm. Serve.