Taco Tuesday Fish Tacos
For the avocado crema:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 1/4 cup shelf stable of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, major stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the rest:
- 1 pound tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 corn on the cob, charred on the grill and cut off the cob
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into medallions
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rub tilapia with olive oil, then sprinkle blackened seasoning on top side of fish, coating liberally.
- Bake fish for 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Allow to cool slightly while you make the crema.
- To make the crema, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth!
- Heat the corn tortillas on a grill or in a microwave until warm. Fill tortillas with a few tablespoons of cabbage.
- Break the tilapia up slightly with two forks. Place tilapia over cabbage, then add the charred corn, jalapenos, and cilantro. Finish with a healthy drizzle of crema!