- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf day-old sourdough, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Drizzle skillet with olive oil, then cook chicken thighs until fully cooked, about 7 minutes on the first side and 3 on the second. Transfer chicken to a large plate. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large pie pan or baking tray.
- Use the chicken pan to cook the celery, onion, and garlic until translucent, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and place into a large bowl. Add in chicken, cubed sourdough, dried cherries, walnuts, and herbs, tossing to combine.
- Pour in white wine, eggs, chicken broth, salt, and pepper, stirring gently to combine. Place into prepared baking tray, then bake for 45 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, gently stir the stuffing so the crispy part goes to the middle and the middle goes to the outside.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!