Apple Crisp Muffins
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
for the muffins
- 1 medium apple
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the crumble
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin linings. Set aside.
- Peel 1 medium apple, then grate it on a large holed grater.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in shredded apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine crumble ingredients- brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Use a pastry cutter to work in butter until texture resembles a fine sand.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, spreading evenly between 12 muffin cups. Crumble oatmeal topping over batter.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, then allow to cool sightly before serving!