For the popsicles
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup cream (either light or heavy works)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (shortening also works, I just don’t like it)
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until the sugar melts completely, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, whisk in greek yogurt until smooth.
- Pour out 1 cup of the vanilla mixture into a separate bowl. Whisk dutch-process cocoa into this separated cup, making a chocolate mixture.
- Alternate pouring in the vanilla mixture, chocolate mixture, and cherries. What I did which worked well was to fill the popsicle molds 1/4 of the way up with vanilla, then roughly a tablespoon of chocolate, then 2-3 cherry halves, then repeat.
- Swirl the mixture *slightly* with popsicle sticks as you place them into your mold. Don’t swirl too much, or your mixture will become cloudy.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Whisk until melted, then drizzle over popsicles!