The Ginger Rogers
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
for the ginger syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut
for the cocktail
- 1/2 oz ginger syrup, from above
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 2 oz soda water
- To make the ginger syrup, combine sugar, water, and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, then strain out ginger pieces and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine 1/2 oz ginger syrup, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and gin. Shake well.
- Pour soda water into a collin’s glass over ice. Pour in cocktail ingredients, stirring gently. Garnish with rosemary.