for the raw brownies:
- 1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates*
- 1 cup high quality cocoa powder (we use Rodelle)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor or high powered blender, puree peanuts until the texture resembles wet sand. Add in dates and puree to a paste. The texture should be very smooth. You might have to stop the food processor, mix with a spatula, and process again in order to get every last nook and cranny.
- Add in cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Pulse until everything is well combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Make rounded teaspoon, rolling between your palms to get the truffles perfectly round. Leave plain or roll in cocoa powder to lightly coat if you want that distinct truffle look. Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 3 weeks!
*If your dates feel a bit dry, soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes. If they feel soft to the touch, disregard this!