Anyone else’s weakness brownie batter? It’s definitely one of my favorite things to eat and totally worth the salmonella risk. I’m pretty I’m not alone in this. Now imagine if I told you you could eat brownie batter that was raw, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free AND so fudgy, delicious and chocolatey that you would never guess it was good for you. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at these Healthy Vegan Brownie truffles.
And let me tell you, you won’t be able to stop eating these ridiculously easy brownie truffles.
You know that I firmly believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating a cookie, but sometimes it’s nice to mix in something that is both delicious and packed full of good for you stuff.
How to make healthy truffles?
Truffles are traditionally made from chocolate and cream. Which is obviously delicious, but not exactly a health food.
These vegan chocolate truffles are made with 5 simple ingredients and are SO easy to make. The only ingredients you’ll need are:
- Medjool Dates
- High Quality Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
Okay and a pinch of salt, but that doesn’t really count.
And that ingredient list means that these brownie truffles are vegan, raw, paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free…the list goes on. But most importantly they’re made with whole, real ingredients. And even MORE importantly, they taste damn good. Nutty, chocolatey, fudgy, and decadent, these vegan truffles definitely don’t taste like you’re eating a health food.
Can I use a blender instead of a food processor?
You sure can! We have a huge confession to make…we don’t own a food processor.
I know, I know we really need to invest in one, but our Vitamix has been holding up just fine and in a tiny apartment it can be hard to find the space for all those amazing kitchen gadgets.
So YES. You definitely will need something high powered as dates and nuts can be hard to blend through, but either a good blender or a food processor will do the trick!
We got so excited about these poppable brownie truffles we almost forgot:
Enjoy this glorious new month and these easy vegan truffles! Print
You’d never know these fudgy healthy vegan brownies truffles are raw, refined sugar free, AND gluten free. They’re a chocolate lovers dream.
for the raw brownies:
- 1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates*
- 1 cup high quality cocoa powder (we use Rodelle)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor or high powered blender, puree peanuts until the texture resembles wet sand. Add in dates and puree to a paste. The texture should be very smooth. You might have to stop the food processor, mix with a spatula, and process again in order to get every last nook and cranny.
- Add in cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Pulse until everything is well combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Make rounded teaspoon, rolling between your palms to get the truffles perfectly round. Leave plain or roll in cocoa powder to lightly coat if you want that distinct truffle look. Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 3 weeks!
*If your dates feel a bit dry, soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes. If they feel soft to the touch, disregard this!