- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Nutella + about 1/3 cup for swirling
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 8 x 8″ pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir with a whisk. Repeat process 2 more times. Though granules of sugar will remain, the goal is to get the mixture to a glossy finish.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add in eggs one at a time, whisking in between each addition. Whisk until the mixture lightens in color slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the 2/3 cup Nutella and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Fold in flour until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, using a rubber spatula to spread the batter out evenly. Drop the remaining 1/3 cup (the rest of the jar if you’re using a small jar of Nutella) by the Tablespoon on top of the brownies. I like to do this like a 5 pattern on dice. Use a butter knife to make big swirls throughout the brownies. Don’t over swirl–you want big ribbons of Nutella!
- Bake for roughly 30 minutes, testing for doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the brownies. You’ll know they’re done when the edge is set, but a knife inserted into the middle still comes out with a bit of brownie batter on it.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 9 huge brownies or 16 regular size brownies. Enjoy!