- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange one sleeve of saltines side by side in a flat layer. Set aside.
- Measure out 1 heaping cup of creamy peanut butter and set aside so that it’s ready when you need it.
- Chop up 12 ounces of chocolate finely and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter, sugar, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly in one direction until the two combine and turn an amber color and the temperature reaches 285°F.
- As soon as the toffee reaches the correct temperature, remove from the heat and pour over the saltine layer, using a rubber spatula to smooth out into an even layer. Allow to cool until set, about 5 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter on top of the warm toffee and use an offset spatula to spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the peanut butter and place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt.* Remove from the oven and use a spoon to swirl the chocolate into an even layer. Top with chopped peanuts and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Break the peanut butter saltine toffee bark into large pieces and enjoy!
*You can also simply melt your chocolate in the microwave and pour over the peanut butter. We’re just lazy 🙂