This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
With Christmas right around the corner and Thanksgiving mere weeks away, we are in full on Holiday mode over here. The Christmas playlist is playing on repeat, we’re downing cups of hot chocolate like it’s nobody’s business, and we are baking all day, everyday.
And my new favorite easy recipe for this Holiday season is this to-die-for peanut butter saltine toffee bark.
It has all the components of a shareable holiday treat. Easy? Check. Decadent? Check! Transportable? Chocolate? Peanut Butter? Check check CHECK!
What ingredients do you need to make peanut butter saltine toffee bark?
The best part about this recipe? You probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already! Butter, sugar, saltine crackers, chocolate, peanut butter and peanuts.
You KNOW we always have at least two jars of peanut butter in our pantry. I start to get some major anxiety if we only have one because we go through it so quickly.
Especially during the holidays when we’re baking up a storm, making hearty soups and packing pb and j’s for road trips, we always make sure we have a few jars on hand. You know, just in case.
This Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee bark is so so easy to make, and so addicting. It has four decadent layers: crunchy saltines, buttery toffee, creamy peanut butter and dark chocolate. This is seriously going to be my go-to dessert this holiday season
And you don’t have to feel that bad about eating the whole tray of this peanut butter toffee bark because it contains protein, right? This recipe has a full cup of peanut butter in it. Which means each serving packs 8 grams of protein, 2 grams of keep you full all day fiber, and 12 grams of unsaturated fat (AKA the good kind for shiny hair). Basically peanut butter is the perfect addition to this chocolate toffee bark.
Plus, it’s just plain tasty.
How to make Peanut Butter Toffee Saltine Bars
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place saltines side by side in an even layer.
2. Make the toffee by combining the butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly
3. Pour the hot toffee over the saltines.
4. Drop the peanut butter by dollops on top of the warm toffee. Use an offset spatula to spread the peanut butter into a scrumptious layer.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate over the peanut butter and put in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Use an offset spatula to smooth the chocolate out. Sprinkle with peanuts and chill!
Our Tips for the Best Toffee:
So delicious, so addicting, and so easy to make. We rounded up our top 4 tips to make this recipe go as smoothly as possible for you:
- Only stir in one direction: THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. Please, please, please learn from our mistakes and our 3 batches of separated toffee. Stirring in one direction keeps the butter from curdling so your toffee stays smooth. It sounds weird, but trust us.
- Invest in a thermometer: A thermometer will take out a lot of the guess work with toffee making. You can get them super cheap on Amazon!
- Prepare everything else in advance: Once the toffee mixture is ready you’ll need to pour it over the saltines quickly. Prep your baking sheet with the saltines on it and measure out the peanut butter and chocolate before getting started on the toffee.
- Be careful: It goes without saying that molten sugar can cause some pretty serious damage. Make sure to be careful when you’re handling the toffee mixture and don’t touch it until it’s cooled!
Now it’s your turn to spread the peanut butter love! Share your favorite peanut butter recipe in the comments below with the hashtag #HowDoYouPB and visit here for even more peanut butter inspiration.Print
Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee Bark
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: candy
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 sleeve saltine cracker
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12 ounces chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange one sleeve of saltines side by side in a flat layer. Set aside.
- Measure out 1 heaping cup of creamy peanut butter and set aside so that it’s ready when you need it.
- Chop up 12 ounces of chocolate finely and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter, sugar, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly in one direction until the two combine and turn an amber color and the temperature reaches 285°F.
- As soon as the toffee reaches the correct temperature, remove from the heat and pour over the saltine layer, using a rubber spatula to smooth out into an even layer. Allow to cool until set, about 5 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter on top of the warm toffee and use an offset spatula to spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the peanut butter and place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt.* Remove from the oven and use a spoon to swirl the chocolate into an even layer. Top with chopped peanuts and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Break the peanut butter saltine toffee bark into large pieces and enjoy!
*You can also simply melt your chocolate in the microwave and pour over the peanut butter. We’re just lazy 🙂