For the pecan graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- 12 full sheets Benton’s Honey Graham Crackers
- pinch salt
For the cheesecake
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces Friendly Farms Sour Cream, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Goldhen Free Range Large Brown Eggs Grade A, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
For the caramel pecan pie topping
- 2 cups Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Friendly Farms Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a 9 or 10 inch springform pan (or a cheesecake pan if you have it!) with parchment paper on the bottom and grease the sides of the pan well.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, melted butter, sugar, and salt, stirring together until combined. The mixture will be dry and sandy. Press the graham cracker crust into the prepared pan, pressing it firmly into an even layer. Set aside.
- Fill a 9 x 13 inch pan with water and place in the oven to create a water bath for the cheesecake. This will help to prevent any cracks.
- While the oven preheats, make the cheesecake. Whip the softened cream cheese, room temperature sour cream, and granulated sugar together in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and then the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the graham cracker crust in the springform pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Carefully place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 55 minutes, rotating the cheesecake halfway. Do not over bake! The cheesecake will still be wobbly in the center, but this is correct!
- At the 55 minutes mark, turn off the oven and open the door to the oven slightly. Leave the cheesecake in the turned off oven for an hour to allow the cheesecake to cool down gradually.
- After an hour, take it out of the oven, run a knife along the edges to release from the pan and set on a cooling rack for 1 hour to come to room temperature. Cover the cheesecake with tinfoil and place it in the fridge to set overnight.
- While the cheesecake cools, make the caramel pecan pie topping. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the sugar on medium low heat until its completely melted, swirling the pan gently every 20 seconds or so. The sugar will start to form clumps before melting slowly. Be patient and keep an eye on it to make sure it does not burn.
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and stir in the butter. The mixture will violently bubble. You’re doing it right. Next, pour in the heavy cream and salt. Stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the caramel into a container or bowl to cool. Add the Southern Grove Pecans to the caramel and use a rubber spatula to coat.
- Once the cheesecake is set and you are ready to serve it, release the springform pan and remove the rim of the pan carefully. Top the cheesecake with the caramel pecan topping and gently spread into an even layer. Slice into 16 servings and enjoy!