For the cinnamon roll dough:
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp.) Rapid Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 jar Limited-Edition Bonne Maman Pumpkin Spice Spread
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave the milk and butter for 30 seconds until warm and the butter is mostly melted. The mixture should be warm, but not hot. If it is too hot, make sure to let it cool before adding to the yeast to prevent killing the yeast. Add the warm milk and butter to the flour mixture. Add the egg.
- Beat on low speed, gradually increasing to high until completely combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl and add 1 ½ more cups of flour, beating until combined. Add the remaining cup of flour in a little at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and form a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and you can stretch a piece of dough out between your fingers without it breaking. This means the gluten has developed and your dough will be pillowy soft.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- While the dough rises, mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt for the filling.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out into a long rectangle about 18 x 12 inches on a well floured surface. Spread the Limited-Edition Bonne Maman Pumpkin Spice Spread all the way to the edge of the dough, using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the Pumpkin Spice Spread, using your fingers to pack it down into the pumpkin. From the long end, roll the dough away from you into a tight roll, sealing the bottom edge down by pinch the dough.
- Use floss or a very sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 even rolls. Place the rolls in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment paper. Cover loosely with a dish cloth and allow to rise for another hour until doubled in size and puffed up.
- Bake the pumpkin cinnamon rolls at 350°F for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and no longer doughy. Allow to cool.
- While the rolls cool, make the cream cheese frosting. In a stand mixer fit with the whisk attachment combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Beat on low speed, gradually increasing to high until light and fluffy. Spread the icing evenly over the 12 rolls. Enjoy warm!