for the cake
- 1 recipe of The Blackout Chocolate Cake Ever
for the frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the graham cracker crumble
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey (or sugar!)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare the chocolate cake according to directions, baking it in 3 6 inch rounds. Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.*
- While the cake cools make the frosting and graham cracker crumble. Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the marshmallow fluff and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- To make the graham cracker crumble combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and honey in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place one layer of the cake on cake stand or plate. Frost the top of the cake with the marshmallow frosting and sprinkle half of the graham cracker crumble on top. Repeat with the second layer. Frost the top of the third layer and the sides with an offset spatula.