Honey Lavender Popsicles are perfect for summer, and at only 67 calories each, they won’t kill your beach bod either!
So it’s that time of year when I, for one, start thinking about getting my summer body on. You know, not the one that says “I baked desserts in my house all winter.” I want the body that says “I went to yoga four times a week all winter.”
Both true statements, both proof that you can have your cake and eat it, too. Thank you, hot yoga. Or- ehem- Namaste.
So it’s subsequently that time of year when I begin thinking about healthier desserts. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still planning on posting a brownie recipe every other week, but I do look forward to bringing some less caloric options to the blog in the coming months.
These Honey Lavender Popsicles are a perfect example of a delicious dessert that will stave off hunger while satisfying your sweet tooth. Plus, they’re on a stick. Everything on a stick is instantly more delicious.
Banana? Boring. Banana on a stick, possibly dipped in chocolate? SO FUN.
But we’re not talking about bananas. We’re talking about 4 simple ingredients:
And just like that, they make the most magnificent, fragrant popsicles you’ve ever seen! I mean, they practically look classy.
So enjoy, friends! Hope this recipe brings a little joy into your Mondays.
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 1½ cups plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- red and blue food coloring (optional)
- Popsicle Mold
- In a small saucepan, combine the whole milk, honey, and lavender flowers. Set over low heat until the milk begins to scald (water vapor forms, but the milk does NOT boil), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 2 hours.
- Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve to remove lavender flowers, saving the milk. Stir yogurt into milk mixture. If you want a pop of color, add in red and blue food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired color is reached!
- Pour into 9 popsicle molds and freeze for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. When ready to eat popsicles, place under hot water for 10-15 seconds to help loosen the popsicle from the mold.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for continuing to support Broma Bakery!