brownies21
If fudge, flour, and butter had a lovechild. Also two brownie recipes in a row, I ain’t mad aboudit.

For the brownies:

3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 pound bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup minus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
5 large eggs
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

brownies1

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with parchment.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. If the heat from the butter does not fully melt the chocolate, put the pan back over the heat for 10 seconds and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.

Sift the flour into a small mixing bowl. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat on high speed until the mixture thickens and becomes pale in color and falls from the beater in a wide ribbon that folds back on itself and slowly dissolves on the surface, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture. Add the flour and fold it in quickly but gently with the rubber spatula so that you don’t deflate the air that’s been incorporated into the eggs.
Pour the batter into the prepared dish and smooth the top with a spatula. If you are using nuts, evenly distribute them across the batter. Bake until the top looks slightly cracked and feels soft to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 squares, or size desired. The brownies will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.
Recipe from Tartine

These brownies look fabulous!! I’ve always wanted to try them!

See, something doesn’t add up with your blog. I see these outrageously divine recipes and I expect a lovely, 200 pound middle-aged mom of five, and then I click on the About section and there you are, looking like a swimwear model… HOW YOU DO DAT SARAH.

But seriously; subscribing to your blog was the best idea in my history of baking and the worst idea in my history of looking good naked. Then again, who needs abs when you can have brownies? Keep it up girl, you’re killer!

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Hahaha, thank you so much Nathalie! It’s all about balance 🙂 And by that I mean kale and brownies…
So happy you’ve subscribed! May I suggest the white chocolate ginger oatmeal cookies, the 30 minutes chocolate cake for two, and the kiwi lime sorbet? Keep me posted on what you make!

Sarah, I’m a heterosexual 22 year-old girl but I might possibly be just a teeny tiny bit in love with you, and I wish we were best friends because I truly believe you are my soulmate. So here’s the update: I’ve made your white chocolate cranberry loaf, ginger oatmeal white chocolate cookies, Copycat Levain Bakery cookies, Katharine Canfield cookies, best coconut cake (because first recipe) and your parmesan pesto bread cause I figured I should make something savory for the record. AND THEN I made your white chocolate brownies and your chocolate chip cookie brownies and ever since that fatal moment, I can’t make anything else. I’ve made the chocolate chip brownies seven times since (quite a few of my friends are going through break-ups). I can’t make the white chocolate brownies anymore because I always end up eating half the pan. With a spoon.
Girl, I am obsessed with every single recipe you post. You’re an absolute rockstar. And if you ever feel like coming to Switzerland, you better come stay with me.

Hi Sarah, I just made these brownies and they taste amazing! I baked them for almost 30 minutes and they are still really moist in the middle. Is that how they are supposed to be?
Thanks for any input about the texture and knowing when they are done!
Leah

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Hi Leah! Yes, mine were VERY moist in the middle. However, especially because of the summer months and all the humidity in the air, they may have needed slightly more time. If they’re fudge textured- hard when cooled- then they should be great. If they’re still gooey when cooled, a few more minutes in the oven would’ve been better. My go-to trick for brownies is to stick a butter knife in the center of the pan. If it comes out clean or just moist, the brownies are done! Hope all this helps and happy baking!!