Skinny Strawberries and Cream Popsicles: layers of roasted strawberries and greek yogurt make these popsicles a bikini-welcome summer treat!
Strawberries and cream is like the epitome of ambrosia. Juicy strawberries and scuculent cream… what more could you want?
OK, maybe chocolate, but chocolate is like a given. Chocolate practically runs through my veins.
Besides chocolate, perfectly ripe fruit and cream is golden in my book.
So I took this classic and made it skinny. Instead of cream, we’re using greek yogurt. The strawberries are roasted so that the natural sweetness comes out, making no need for additional sugars. And speaking of sugars, there are no refined sugars here. Just honey to offset the tartness of the greek yogs.
There’s something so satisfying about eating dessert and feeling good about yourself.
Plus, how pretty are they?! The marbled strawberries are so pleasing to the eyes. And your friends will think you are a popsicle genius, when really you just roasted some strawberries, stirred some ‘cream,’ et voila!
Wishing you all happy and relaxing weekends! XO.
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:
- 1 quart strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Popsicle Mold
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the strawberries onto the cookie sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring half way.
- Allow the strawberries to cool slightly before placing in blender. Pulse 2 to 3 times-- enough so the strawberries become pureed but some chunks remain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Scoop 1 tablespoon of strawberry puree into each popsicle mold, then fill it ½ way up with the "cream." Dollop ½ tablespoon of puree on top, then fill nearly to the top with the cream. Finish with another ½ tablespoon of puree on top. Fit with popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.