A naked Pumpkin Carrot Cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting: perfectly festive for your holiday season!

If there was ever a cake-pocalypse and I was forced to save one cake from extinction, it would most definitely be carrot cake. I’d grab it by the cake stand and run like the wind to safety.

That is because carrot cake is my favorite. It’s moist, nicely textured, spiced, and flavorful. It’s chock full of delicious things like carrots, raisins, and coconut. And its (hopefully) slathered in a delectable cream cheese frosting.

Carrot cake is typically associated with spring, but I like to enjoy carrot cake all year around. Which is why I came up with the best cake ever: Pumpkin Carrot Cake.

It combines the texture of a soft and fluffy pumpkin bread with the pizazz of carrot cake. Instead of just adding cinnamon, I put in cloves and nutmeg for added flavah.

The frosting is cinnamon cream cheese, rounding out the fall feel while complimenting the pumpkin in the cake.

Aaaand, it’s a naked cake! This is my first time making a naked cake, and it’s the only kind of cake I want to make from now on. No muss no fuss.

I love how it combines rustic with elegant. It’s casual, yet refined. And under that thin veil of frosting is a truly spectacular cake.

I’m partnering with Dixie Crystals for this post, so be sure to pop over to their site here for my full recipe!

This post was graciously sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions are 100% my own.

Oh wow. I love this cake. I’m going to have to tackle it and soon. Love your blog!

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Please do, Carolann! Thank you for commenting and let me know what you think!

Just when I thought Carrot Cake couldn’t be improved…. The Pumpkin Sarah!! It’s got to be one of my favorites too (next to hummingbird cake), for all the reasons you mentioned. Love the nakedness of this beauty and the simplicity of the decorations. I could see this on my Thanksgiving or Christmas table – delicious work my dear!! 😀

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Oh hummingbird cake is another favorite! Thank you, thank you Traci!

I love everything about this cake, Sarah!!!! Stunning!

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Thank you Alice! It’s one of my favorite shoots to date 🙂

Pairing the pumpkin with the carrot cake is so smart!!! It sounds so wonderful with all those cozy spices. And it’s so beautiful!

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Thank you Erica! My thoughts exactly. Glad you agree 🙂

Oh wow, this looks soo dreamy!

Sarah | Broma Bakery

I’m totally with you

This cake is a stunner! Love that cinnamon cream cheese frosting! Pinning 🙂

I love naked cakes and yours is stunning Sarah. Love all the flavours in the cake.

I love this beautiful cake, I will enjoy cinnamon on it

I’ll be visiting my family for the next 2 weeks and they like it when I bake my homemade apple pie and their favorite cookies. Now I’ll be adding this carrot cake to my MUST BAKE list. I’ve already printed off the recipe and my mouth is watering in anticipation. I am NOT a layer cake baker, yet for this recipe, I will enlist the help of my sons and their wives and my grandchildren to create it. That will be fun! Thanks for this recipe!

Gorgeous, as always, sharing!

Are you kiding me!? This is like the Adele of fallish cakes. Can not be topped. Can not say no. And can’t get it out of my head. YUMMMM.

I didn’t think it was possible to make carrot cake any better. You win! This is awesome. And yes, I agree. Naked cakes are THE BEST.

What a gorgeous layer cake! Love the combination of pumpkin and carrot – fall perfection!

Hi Sarah, I spent last night baking this cake feeling really excited but when my cake was baked, it hardly rose. definitely nothing Like your picture – it wasn’t tall and it wasn’t spongy at all. flavours were still good but I was really disappointed with how the cake looked. I don’t know what went wrong so I’d thought I should share with you 🙁 your cake looks really nice though, except my version rose like 2cm. and the batter definitely wasnt enough to make such three tall layers like in your picture.

Sarah | Broma Bakery

Hi Sam,

That’s a shame to hear! There are many factors that go into this. Did you use 8 inch cake pans? Using larger cake pans can make the cakes very thin. Still, they should’ve risen more, as this recipe has a lot of baking powder and baking soda to make sure that it rises despite the denser ingredients. My guess would be that your baking powder/ baking soda was a bit stale, causing the cakes not to rise as much.