A flakey tart with cream cheese filling and topped with candied ginger blood oranges.

Did you guys know I’m currently in Michigan? I’m visiting Alex and also planning something pretty big… moving to Detroit!

We decided a little while ago that long distance is just too difficult. I’m in a fortunate position with the blog where I can pick up and move anywhere, so it should be a pretty easy transition.

And this past week, we picked out our apartment!

It’s big and light-filled and the kitchen is gorgeous. Parquet floors and white cabinets and industrial lights. Like, my dream space.

I’m so ready to move. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to all the home furnishings I want to get. I’ve told Alex we need to plan a dry run to Ikea so that when we really go to Ikea to buy things, we can be in and out. I have a problem.

Once we’re settled in, we’ve talked about doing a new section on the blog called “Alex In The Kitchen,” where about once a month Alex shares one of his own recipes. I can’t wait.

So stay tuned for more news on the moving front. Right now we’re planning on July 1st, right after Alex takes his boards, so you can bet that I will be posting a ton of apartment pictures around then 🙂

Now, about this tart. My assistant and I made this on a ‘baking day,’ where we make 4-5 different things. And of all the things, we couldn’t get enough of this bad boy.

The crust is crispy and flavorful, the filling sweet and tangy, and the blood oranges juicy and spiced. It’s like every flavor profile ever coming together into a stunning spring tart.

It’s a great accompaniment to a meal on the grill (which I’m so excited to start doing again), and leaves you the perfect amount of satisfied without being stuffed.

Though if you want to go back for thirds (thirds are the new seconds), I won’t blame you.

Get the recipe here.

This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions are 100% my own.

This flavour!!! **hand praise emoji** so delicious!

Absolutely gorgeous!! Blood oranges are one of my favorites 🙂 I would totally go back for seconds and thirds!

Congrats on the exciting move lady! I saw all of the apartments on Snapchat and they all looked gorgeous, but the one you picked is lovely! It’s so nice when you make that decision to move, new adventures together are the best 🙂 p.s. This tart is AMAZING, those oranges tho xo

Finding your dream space is so exciting! And this tart looks like a dream too. Baking day sounds awesome.

This tart is absolutely stunning – and so is the redesign of your site! And a huge congrats on the move – I can only imagine how wonderful your new kitchen will be!!

Heyyy Sarah! Congratulations on your big, upcoming move. So happy you two will be together again. Being away from your man is no fun. How fun to be incorporating Alex’s cooking into Broma. That’ll be fun working together in your new space. I’m always a bit bummed when citrus season is over because I love it so much. This tart gives me another reason to love it! Gorgeous work my dear!

Good luck with the move! Decorating a new apartment sounds super fun. I’m also totally loving the flavors here, heading over for the recipe and pinning 🙂

Congratulations on the big move, lady! The apartment sounds beautiful. And this tart *insert heart eye emoji here*

This is so beautiful, I can’t get over the pretty colors in those blood orange slices! And have a smooth transition back into Michigan!!!

Oh my gosh, what a stunning tart. Those oranges I could stare at all day 🙂

Congrats! That’s so exciting. And a dry run to IKEA = necessary for the relationship. The husband and I have to go in there with a very detailed plan or we end up arguing for hours over things with names like “bladbardel.” ANYWAY. I want to eat this entire cake rn, it looks so good.

Der, I mean tart. 😉

Congratulations on the move – good luck with it all.

This tart is beautiful and I love the crockery you’ve used – stunning as ever!

Aww…so happy to hear that you and Alex will be back in the same state again. That’s awesome. And I love the idea of an “Alex in the kitchen” series. So cute! This tart is incredibly dreamy. Make it for me before you leave New England? 🙂

This tart looks incredible. I love everything and anything involving candied ginger. AND blood oranges, for that matter. Gorgeous! Congrats on the move!

Gorgeous tart! I’m sure that cream cheese filling is delicious with those oranges!