I absolutely adore healthy soups. Especially when their bulk comes from vegetables. And double especially when they are creamy.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup satisfies all of the above.
Only, well, this soup doesn’t have any cream in it.
No milk either. Instead, it gets its creaminess from the cauliflower’s natural starches that come out when you roast it. It also helps that the roasting imparts this lovely toastiness to it.
When you puree the cauliflower it becomes this gorgeous velvety liquid gold. And honestly you could stop right there and the soup would be amazing. But I decided to add in a healthy spoonful of greek yogurt for that added ‘creamy’ taste.
Plus, the acidity from the yogurt is just delicious.
As for news from my travels, I’m currently sitting in the most lovely Airbnb in Le Marais, Paris, with my mom and sister. We just got back from Giverny, the site of Monet’s country home and gardens, and we’re about to go get crepes for dinner.
Tomorrow we head to Bruges for a few days, then it’s onto Amsterdam. I’m just in love with Europe; there’s so much to explore and so much culture to take in. Be sure to follow along on Instagram!
Tata, loves. XO.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or sweet white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss cauliflower pieces in olive oil, then place on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes, turning pieces over halfway. Allow to cool slightly. (If you want, save 4-6 florets at this step for garnish)
- In a blender or immersion blender, pulse cauliflower with chicken broth, sherry, salt, white pepper, and greek yogurt until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Serve soup with microgreens, reserved cauliflower pieces, and more yogurt.