This post is sponsored by ALDI. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!
I think it’s safe to say spring is officially here, at least in our neck of the woods. The birds are chirping, the sun stays bright until 7pm, and our dog park, which up until now was coated in about 4 inches of mud, is now budding with green grass.
Spring means the start of my favorite season. And no, it’s not, um, the spring season. It’s ice cream season.
You know, the season where you can freely eat ice cream for any meal and be fully satisfied (please say that’s not just me).
But let me back up. Spring itself is a wonderful season.
Everyone begins to break out from their hibernation shell, eager and hopeful for the months ahead. Winter boots are traded for open toed shoes, heavy coats are folded up in favor of light jackets, and brunch plans increase by a factor of 10.
Everything they served us came from ALDI, from those glorious mimosas to a sensational quiche to these crunchy waffle crisps that I couldn’t get enough of. It was so satisfying to enjoy such a varied spread that all came from one grocery store.
The folks at ALDI did a phenomenal job showcasing how easy it was to create an entire spring menu to wow your guests, and all for an affordable price.
So today’s post combines my wonderful ALDI brunch experience with the start of ice cream season: say hello to this No Churn Blackberry Waffle Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
There’s little better than being able to make ice cream without an ice cream machine, and we have the tips and tricks to make that happen. The trick? Simply fold together whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk et voila! No churn ice cream.
Of course, the real stars of this ice cream are the add-ins: Specially Selected Waffle Crisps (available now!) and Specially Selected Blackberry Fruit Spread, both from ALDI.
Oh and how could I forget the chopped up chocolate to round it all out?! The result is a quick and easy ice cream that the whole family will be dying for you to make week after week.
Check out this store locator to find the ALDI store nearest you. Happy ice cream season!Print
No Churn Blackberry Waffle Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This creamy vanilla ice cream with fat blackberry swirls, buttery waffle pieces, and chocolate chips has us in heaven. Whip up this no churn blackberry waffle chocolate chip ice cream in minutes and skip the line at the ice cream shop.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Category: ice cream
- Method: frozen
- Cuisine: american
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Specially Selected Blackberry Fruit Spread, warmed up
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Specially Selected Waffle Crisps
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Fold in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk on top of the cream and fold gently until everything comes together.
- Carefully scoop half of the ice cream into the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle with half of the waffle pieces and chocolate. Spoon the warmed jam onto the ice cream in concentrated pools. Take a knife and make large swirls to incorporate the waffle pieces, chocolate and jam. Then, spoon the rest of the ice cream on top, and repeat with the remainder of the top.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours before serving!