Layers of chocolate chip cookie dough, caramel candies, and gooey brownies come together in Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. Get ready to drool with this ultimate comfort dessert.
If Monday were a food, he’d totally be tofu. Bland, boring, and not much to look forward to on his own. You have to do things with him, like inviting over soy sauce or going swimming with teriyaki.
Similarly, Monday calls for something special. Whether it be going to a movie, eating your favorite dinner, or going to work out, it’s always nice to have something to look forward to in the beginning of the week. And that, my friends, is why I am sharing these Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies with you today.
Because every Monday deserves these brownies. In fact, any day you eat these brownies is a pretty good day.
Like seriously, how can you resist a layer of cookie dough topped with caramel candies?
-Oh wait, there’s more-
AND THEN TOPPED WITH BROWNIE BATTER. It’s ridiculous and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My yoga instructor told me today that whenever I bring her baked goods, she has to share them with other people, because otherwise she inhales them with no control. That is exactly how I feel about these brownies, people. I had to give almost all of them away, because I could. not. stop eating them!
But I guess that’s a good thing, because it means it’s a good recipe.
Sorry, hips. You’re welcome, tastebuds.
My suggestion is that if you make these babies (which you absolutely should!), wrap half of them up in tin foil and give them to your colleagues, or housemates, or family. Because I can’t guarantee that you will be able to stop eating them.
- 1 boxed brownies mix + necessary ingredients, mixed according to package directions (I used Ghirardelli double chocolate)
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 12-16 mini chocolate candies of choice! (I used Milky Ways but also suggest Rolo's)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Turn mixer speed to low and incorporate dry ingredients.
- Remove from standing mixer and, using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips. Spread cookie dough evenly into prepared baking pan. Squish mini candies to break their coating and place on top of cookie dough.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread batter evenly over cookie dough and candies. Bake for 55 minutes.* Allow CCC Brownies to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cut into squares and enjoy!