Super ridiculously fudgy and moist Red Wine Brownies for when you can’t decide if you want drinks or dessert. Thank you, brownie gods.
I can’t believe it’s been months since I’ve posted a brownie recipe. What’s wrong with me? Where has my sanity gone?
Thank god I’m comin’ back with these BOMB RED WINE BROWNIES. Hubba hubba.
Being a girl who likes to stay fit, I constantly struggle with the decision of drinks or dessert. Because, like, I want both. But too often I choose one over the other in an attempt to not over-indulge.
Right, girls? You know what I’m talking about!
Well struggle no more, because this is the best of both worlds: a boozy brownie recipe spiked with red wine. It’s thuuu guuud.
Why so good? Well obviously because red wine. But in addition, this brownie recipe cuts back on the butter in favor for extra chocolate. The chocolate acts as a fat in the recipe, while also delivering that chocolate flavor, resulting in a seriously rich brownie.
I also used a high-quality cocoa powder (Rodelle Baking Cocoa aka the only cocoa powder I use. Though I am a brand ambassador for them, this is not a sponsored post; I am just so totally in love with their products and can’t recommend them highly enough).
Last, brown sugar is a must. It adds a wonderful warmth that you just don’t get with granulated sugar. I almost exclusively use brown sugar in my brownie recipes, and suggest you do too– just sub it 1:1.
Anywho. It being Monday and all I’m destined to watch The Bachelor with some girlfriends (go ahead, judge me, I hate myself for it) and nosh on these brownies. Best. Night. Ever.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups light or medium brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper or oil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add in chopped chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted completely.
- In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, add in brown sugar. Slowly pour melted chocolate mixture into brown sugar with the mixer running on medium speed. Add in eggs, one at a time, with the mixer still on. Beat for 30 seconds, until the color of the batter lightens just a bit.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla extract, and wine, beating for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for roughly 40 mins, or until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean.