Forget ice cubes, we’re dipping Jalapeño Mango Margarita Popsicles into our drinks! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
Here’s how this went down. I wanted to make jalapeño mango margarita popsicles for Cinco de Mayo. But as I was shooting this recipe, I thought to myself why not put the popsicle in a margarita?
It’s like getting two margaritas in one.
So it happened, and I love it.
They’re super creamy thanks to the texture of the mangos, and are the equivalent of eating a whole mango and a half shot of tequila. Seriously.
The spiciness comes from a jalapeño-infused tequila that takes approximately 1 minute of hands on time to make. The end result is a subtle, spicy tequila that pairs perfectly with the rich mango.
And if spice is not your thing, you can always omit the jalapeño part, and just use regular tequila. Whatever floats your boat.
This recipe makes 10 popsicles, so it’s perfect for a crowd. And if you don’t have a popsicle mold, I got this one on Amazon a year ago and highly recommend it!
That’s all I have to say about these pops. Happy Wednesday, and enjoy!
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- ½ cup silver tequila
- 4 cups diced mango
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons jalapeño tequila (from above)
- In a container with a lid, combine sliced jalapeño and tequila. Cover and allow to infuse for at least 6 hours before using.
- In a large blender, blend mango, lime juice, and powdered sugar on high until smooth (about 1 minute). Stir in jalapeño tequila.
- Pour into a 10-popsicle popsicle mold, fit with sticks, and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once completely frozen, remove popsicles from molds and serve. Can be eaten on their own, or as an ice cube alternative in a margarita!