When I was little, my grandfather always told my sister and I that if we ate watermelon seeds, the seeds would grow inside our stomachs and we’d grow watermelon bellies.
So, like, I totally didn’t believe him, but at the same time no matter how much we coaxed him, he would not eat watermelon. Which made me slightly nervous. Maybe, just maybe, was he right?
But even though this thought of watermelons growing in my stomach made me nervous, I ate them anyways. Because I absolutely loved watermelon, and it was totally worth the risk.
Today I’m sharing a ridiculously easy watermelon recipe: Fresh Watermelon Popsicles. They’re drizzled with dark chocolate and topped with flaked sea salt and dried rose petals. Talk about classy.
I made these babies on a Friday and throughout the weekend found myself sneaking into the freezer for more. They were the perfect combo of refreshing and satisfying. And they’re on a stick, which makes them even more fun. Yeee!
On a news-related note, the Saveur Blog Awards, aka the Oscars of the food world, opened for nominations last week. I would be so, so grateful if you took a minute to vote for Broma Bakery in the baking & sweets or photography category.
Your support means so much to me, and I’d be honored to receive your vote. Thank you in advance!
- small seedless watermelon, cut into triangles
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- flaked sea salt
- dried rose petals
- Pierce watermelon slices with popsicle sticks. place on a wire rack over a large cookie sheet.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over watermelon.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and dried rose petals. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Can keep covered in freezer for up to a week!