So creamy and delicious, it’s almost too good to be true: less than 10 minutes of hands-on time and it’s into the freezer for this stellar Coffee Oreo Ice Cream.
I held a lot of jobs in the food industry before becoming a food blogger. I’ve been a host, counter server, assistant manager, barista, host again, server, catering coordinator, marketing & social media person… the list is long. But my favorite job was working for an ice cream shop in my hometown.
I think I’ve told you guys about five times that I worked at an ice cream shop, but that’s because I loved it so much. I started it in my sophomore year in high school. It was my first food-related job, and I had never really liked ice cream up until that point.
Don’t judge me, please. I didn’t know better.
My first shift, the two older girls I was working with said I could sample any flavor I wanted. But I didn’t really want any, so I took one taster spoon, scooped it into a tub of bittersweet chocolate, and called it a night.
The next shift, I figured I should probably taste more ice creams so I could describe them to customers and steer them in the right direction. It was purely for product knowledge.
But then in the coming weeks, I found myself casually eating taster spoonfuls of ice cream more and more. Did you know a casual conversation with coworkers pairs perfectly with casual spoonfuls of ice cream? It does.
Everyone else must have thought the same thing, because that was the culture at the ice cream shop. New flavor? Let’s all try it. Old flavor? Let’s try it again.
As my professional career blossomed at the shop, so did my love for ice cream. And don’t get me started on frappes. Or are you guys ‘milkshake’ people? Whatever. Same thing.
My absolute favorite frappe to make was half coffee and half oreo ice cream. As George Takei would say, “Oh my.“
It’s like you live your whole life in Chocolate/Vanilla Ice Cream World, but then you try the coffee/oreo combo and your mind doesn’t even know how to comprehend it.
I mean, I can’t even explain it well. It’s just utter perfection.
So in honor of my favorite ice cream combo of all time, meet this No-Churn Coffee Oreo Ice Cream. Less than 10 minutes of hands-on time and into the freezer for this baby.
The flavor is pretty remarkable. It’s so rich and creamy, and the oreos add the perfect amount of chocolate without overwhelming the coffee flavor.
I’m a HUUUGE fan. And seriously. 10 minutes. If you can whip cream, you’re halfway there. More than halfway 🙂
Stay up to date with all things Broma on:Print
No Churn Coffee Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 15 oreos, crushed, plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- Line a large bread pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the vanilla extract and salt, and continue to beat until the mixture holds stiff peaks, about 30 seconds more.
- Mix the instant coffee with water, then pour it and the sweetened condensed milk on top of the cream. Fold gently until everything comes together, then fold in the oreos.
- Carefully scoop the ice cream into the bread pan. Sprinkle the top with more crushed oreos if you’d like. Freeze for at least 12 hours before serving!