A Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl that tastes just like a slice of carrot cake! I can finally have my cake and eat it too…
Today I’m starting something totally different. Well, different for me. I’m beginning the BBG workout series, a 12 week fitness guide that supposedly will get me bikini body ready.
I’ve been a huge fan of yoga for three years now, making it part of my daily practice. I enjoy coming to my mat and meditating though Warrior II and King Dancer. But the toning throughout my body has sort of flatlined, and I want to kick things up a notch.
Should I take a second to backtrack and say yes, I work out a lot? I don’t talk about it a lot because you guys seem to really like Salted Caramel Brownies and Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies. But between bites of cake and spoonfuls of ice cream, working out is a big part of my life.
I’m a strong believer in the 80/20 rule, where you eat healthy 80% of the time and allow yourself to indulge the other 20%. This blog is all about that 20%, though sometimes it can seem like it’s more like my 100%.
I believe in writing real and true-to-yourself content, so this year I’m making a pledge to write more about my daily life and diet. Yes, I eat brownies every day like it’s my job (because it is), but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t work hard on my body.
And the truth is, I love me some healthy food. Like this carrot cake smoothie bowl.
My boyfriend and I have been all about smoothies for breakfast recently, and this smoothie really takes the cake.
Like, it seriously tastes like cake. Spiced, flavorful carrot cake.
It’s made with a whole 1/2 cup of shredded carrots to give you a dose of morning vegetables. Thickened with a banana and almond butter for carbs, protein, and healthy fats. Mixed with nonfat yogurt for probiotics. And flavored with coconut, pineapple, and cinnamon for a rich and complex flavor that will have you second guessing how healthy it really is.
I can’t wait to share more of what I eat the other 80% of the time. Because who doesn’t want things like carrot cake smoothie bowls?
Oh! And I’m considering adding a few workout guides to the site to really round things out. What do you think?!Print
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 smoothie bowls
For the smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots (liquid strained out)
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the toppings
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- sweetened coconut flakes
- whole roasted almonds
- shredded carrots
- golden raisins
- In a large blender, combine all smoothie ingredients and pulse on high speed until well blended.
- Pour equally into 2 large bowls, then top with toppings!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.