Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help make Broma possible!
I have become a huge fan of no-bake bars. Specifically, these Blueberry Almond Breakfast Bars. Like, I couldn’t stop eating them. So much so that I had to give some to my 80-year-old neighbor, James.
James is a lively and vibrant man, a self-proclaimed “Detroit-o-phile.” He walks the hallways every day for exercise, where we will exchange anywhere from a few words to a 20-minute long conversation about Hillbilly Elegy.
Sometimes I share my healthier treats with James. These bars were one of those times.
Then, yesterday, I got this hand-written note under my door:
Re: Blueberry Almond Breakfast Bars
An outstanding and unique blend of ingredients and astutefully packaged that would be the envy of any “boulangerie” in Paris.
Thank you for sharing.
Your neighbor and friend,
I was so touched. Hand-written notes just make my day. And one regarding my baked goods? So sweet.
Sometimes the smallest of exchanges can mean so much. So this week, I urge you to do something small for someone in your life. Something like writing a note for you S.O. to wake up to. Or baking these Blueberry Almond Breakfast Bars for a friend.
Happy almost weekend, everyone. Love you so.Print
No Bake Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Bars
- Yield: 8 bars
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup instant oats, ground into flour
- 1/2 cup unflavored protein powder (I used collagen peptides)
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds, very roughy chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until smooth. Add in the almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Pulse again until combined.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add in oats, protein powder, and water. Mix until combined. Fold in almonds and dried blueberries.
- Press mixture firmly into a parchment-lined 8″x8″ pan. Place in fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove from fridge and slice into 8 bars. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if using. Bars last up to 1 week in the fridge.