December has been crazy so far and we’re only 3 days in. This week I shot 12 recipes, hosted a holiday party, and taught two online classes for my foodtography workshop (Interested? Get on the list for our next workshop here). I’m exhausted, to say the least.
I’m so tired I can barely write this post. But alas here we are. With Bourbon Snickerdoodle Blondies. They are super chewy and perfect for a crowd. Plus, bourbon-infused desserts are just the best.
Making these bourbon snickerdoodle blondies
These homemade blondies take roughly 45 minutes from start to finish and taste incredible warm. The key ingredient in these snickerdoodle blondies is the cream of tartar. It not only helps the blondies rise, but it also gives them that characteristic snickerdoodle flavor. You know, that slight tanginess you can’t get enough of?
To get that crackly snickerdoodle top, I made some cinnamon sugar and sprinkled that on the blondie batter before putting the pan into the oven. The sugar caramelizes slightly in the oven and makes the top of these bars a beautiful brown color.
These bars are dense and chewy in the best way possible. They’re spectacular on their own, but you want some milk on hand to help wash them down. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add some butterscotch or chocolate chips to the batter to take it up a notch. Totally unnecessary, but I bet that’d taste amazing.
How to store blondies
There’s something about snickerdoodle cookies and desserts that makes them go off quicker than other baked goods. I feel like the flavor escapes somehow, but I can’t put a finger on why or how…
To store these blondies, let them cool completely and then put them into an air-tight container. They should last on your counter for a good three to four days. If you’re not an animal like I am and think you won’t get through these snickerdoodle blondies in three days, you can freeze these babies in a sealed baggie for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat them, pop them into a warm oven until heated through.
Yes, that is all. I’m going to nap now.
Forget snickerdoodle cookies, these Bourbon Snickerdoodle Blondies are where it's at! Ready in just 45 minutes, these blondies are a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x9" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the melted butter and sugar on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in the egg and bourbon and mix for another 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet, mixing until combined.
- Place into prepared baking pan.
Mix together additional sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over bars.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out mostly clean, then allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
More snickerdoodle desserts from Broma Bakery: