So I’m a HUGE fan of homemade chocolate bark. Especially when it includes dark chocolate, nuts, and dried fruit.
It’s basically everything your taste buds could ever want: sweet, fat, acid, crunch, and a little bit of salty. Well that is when you add in flaked sea salt on top 🙂
But so often chocolate barks can be just so… bland. They’re thin and frail, with one teensy bit of topping per bite. Not to mention the quality of chocolate is rarely up to par.
And especially during this time of year when you just want all the cozy things, a wafer-y chocolate bark with 25% the proper amount of toppings is just not right.
That is why I partnered with Ghirardelli on this post to bring you a thick af chocolate bark made with my absolute favorite dark chocolate, and loaded with pumpkin seeds, pretzels, and dried fruit.
I made this bark using Ghirardelli’s Intense Dark 86% Midnight Reverie Chocolate, which is just a dark chocolate lover’s dream. It has a full-bodied flavor, with hints of dark cherries and dried plums. It is, quite simply, the perfect robust base for a fall-themed bark.
Oh and did I mention that this chocolate bark is nearly 1/2 inch thick? YEAH. BECAUSE THAT’S HOW WE DO HERE AT BROMA BAKERY.
But for real, the thickness of this chocolate bark just makes it for me. Because it feels so much more special than the average bark. Like this would be an amazing Halloween dessert for adults at a Halloween party, since it’s no bake and easy to whip up in a second. Or just a great dessert for a Tuesday night, since it’s no bake and easy to whip up in a second 😉
And last. Because this bark is so thick and requires a lot of chocolate, if you’d like to make a smaller amount, cut everything in half and use a standard sized loaf pan as your container. It is the perfect size for a small batch of this bark!
Enjoy friends! XO!
- 5 bars Ghirardelli Intense Dark 86% Midnight Reverie
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (I used raisins!)
- flakey sea salt, for garnish
- Line a 9"x9" baking pan with parchment paper on the bottom and all 4 sides. Crush pretzels into pieces with your hands. Have pumpkin seeds and dried fruit measured and ready to go. Set everything aside.
- Heat a double boiler over medium heat. While the water is heating up, finely chop chocolate. Once the water is boiling, place 2/3 of the chopped chocolate in the top bowl of the double boiler. Use a spatula to stir the chocolate constantly as it melts.
- Remove the top bowl and place on a heatproof surface. Pour in the remaining chocolate and allow to sit without stirring for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir everything together. The chocolate should be fully melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into prepared baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes, allowing the chocolate to cool down and set ever so slightly. Then, sprinkle with pretzels, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, and flakey sea salt, if using.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature, about 4 hours. Cut into 8 bars and serve!
This post is sponsored by Ghirardelli. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Broma possible!