These decadent Buckeye Brownies are thick, fudgy brownies topped with a salty-sweet peanut butter topping and chocolate ganache. They’re seriously amazing!
Oh, hello. I didn’t see you over these thick, fudgy brownies topped with a salty-sweet peanut butter topping and chocolate ganache. As you can see, they’re kind of distracting. Like…is it just me or is it hot in here?! Please tell me I’m not the only one salivating over these Buckeye Brownies?
Sure, they’re a little extra work than normal brownies, but these peanut butter chocolate topped brownies are soooooo worth it.
What Are Buckeyes?
Buckeyes are a traditional Christmas confection made from a peanut butter fudge ball partially dipped in chocolate to leave a little “eye” of peanut butter poking out of the top. They’re easy to make, scrumptious, and basically taste like a Reeses with a way higher pb to chocolate ratio.
So, basically they’re the best thing ever.
What Are Buckeye Brownies?
When we were brainstorming all our holiday recipes we wanted to make buckeyes, but wanted to put a fun spin on them. And we know you guys love repurposing classic flavors in new forms. Think cake batter macarons, s’mores cookies, and cinnamon roll sheet cake. So we decided to take all those classic buckeye flavors and put them on top of a fudgy brownie.
Yes, it really does taste as good as it sounds.
How to Make the Best Buckeye Brownies:
Not to brag, but when you’ve baked and eaten as many brownies as we have, you could say we’re pretty much experts in brownie making. And brownie consumption.
You can trust this step by step breakdown on how to make the best brownies ever. We took out all the guesswork to make homemade brownie baking as easy as possible!
Homemade brownies not your thing? You could always make these buckeye brownies using a brownie mix! We won’t judge, and these would still be scrumptious.
We hope you enjoy these peanut butter chocolate topped brownies just as much as we do!
Love and brownies, my friends.Print
Calling all peanut butter chocolate lovers! These buckeye brownies with a thick layer of peanut butter are about to become your new favorite holiday treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 miniutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
for the brownies
- 1 recipe of the best brownies ever
for the peanut butter layer
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the chocolate ganache
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare brownies according to directions, making sure you fully line the pan with parchment paper on all sides. Allow to cool completely.
- While the brownies cool, make buckeye topping. In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and peanut butter together, whisking until combined. Add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and stir until no clumps of powdered sugar remain.Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the prepared brownies and use a spatula to form an even layer. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and heavy cream in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each until completely melted. Pour the chocolate ganache over the peanut butter layer and spread into an even layer. Place the brownies in the fridge and cool until the ganache is set, at least 1 hour.
- Slice and serve! Keep well for up to 1 week in airtight container!
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter brownies, easy buckeye brownies, how to make buckeye brownies, best brownies recipe