Welcome, November. Also, welcome butternut squash tart to my belly.Print
Butternut Squash Glazed Tart
Delicious, fancy, and surprisingly easy Glazed Butternut Squash Tart!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 1-pound butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 store-bought 8 ounce puff pastry sheet
- 1 8 ounce jar apricot preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange squash slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Roast for 30-45 minutes, turning once. Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and turn the heat down to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, roll out puff pastry sheet into a 14″x6″ rectangle and place on another parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with parchment and another baking sheet. Prick the pastry to allow for air holes during cooking. Place in the 375° oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature before assembling.
- While the pastry is cooking, mix together the cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spread the puff pastry evenly with they cream cheese mixture. Place the candied squash on top. Heat up the preserves until warm to touch, then spread over the potatoes. Last, sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Cut into triangles and serve!
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine.