Happy halfway through the week, lovebugs! It’s been a jam packed week for us, so we’re kicking off this Wednesday with a Captain Crunch Milkshake that tastes exactly like your childhood. Now, I for one, have always been a milkshake person, but if you aren’t a milkshake person, this cereal milk milkshake is about to turn you into someone like me who can’t stop drinking them 🙂
So, buckle up.
What is cereal milk?
Cereal milk is the delicious, sugary, cereal infused milk you’re left with at the end of a bowl of cereal. I was never one to drink my milk after finishing my cereal, but now that I know how delicious it is, I think I would definitely reconsider.
Cereal milk ice cream was made popular by Christina Tosi’s Milk Bar, and, guys, I am ON BOARD for this trend. You could make this milkshake with really any type of cereal. Reeses Puffs? Lucky Charms? The possibilities are endless. Simply pulse your cereal of choice in a blender or food processor until it’s pulverized. Make your milkshake using ice cream and milk and then stir your cereal crumbs in.
How to make a homemade milkshake:
If you’ve never made a homemade milkshake, we are here to help. A homemade milkshake made with high quality ice cream and a good blender can taste just as good as the one from the ice cream shop…and dare I say, this cereal milk milkshake tastes better. For this Captain Crunch Milkshake you’ll only need a few ingredients:
- Captain Crunch (we used the kind with berries)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream and Cherries (optional, but highly recommended)
Tips for making Captain Crunch Milkshake:
- Use high-quality ice cream: Duh! Your milkshake will only be as good as the ingredients you use to make it with. Look for a vanilla ice cream that’s made with real cream, milk, and sugar and that doesn’t have any additives or thickeners in it.
- Don’t over mix your milkshake: Number one rule in the milkshake making game is keeping it nice and thick. When you pulse the ice cream and milk in your blender the movement of the blades will inevitably heat up your ice cream, so only blend for a minute.
- Top with whipped cream: This should go without saying, but more is more when it comes to milkshakes. Top with a generous amount of whipped cream and a cherry for a classic treat!
So what’re you waiting for? I’m pretty sure cereal is part of a healthy breakfast…Print
Captain Crunch Milkshake
Made with crushed up cereal, vanilla ice cream, and milk, this Captain Crunch Milkshake tastes just like that bowl of cereal milk from your childhood.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 milkshakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup of Captain Crunch
- whipped cream and cherries (optional)
- Pulse the Captain Crunch cereal in a high powered blender or food processor until finely chopped. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Combine the vanilla ice cream and milk in the blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minutes until combined and creamy. Stir Captain Crunch powder into the milkshake.*
- Pour into two tall glasses and decorate with whipped cream, cherries, and Captain Crunch.
*You can also blend the cereal in with the milk and ice cream, but your milkshake will turn a blue green from the cereal!
Keywords: no bake, cereal milk, nostalgic, easy, frozen, summer, cold
Looking for other milkshakes from Broma Bakery?