This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands who help make Broma possible!
Say hello to my new Summertime salad that will be on weekly repeat in our house: Watercress, Farro, and Green Apple Chicken Salad with creamy Avocado Dressing. GUYSSSS IT’S SO GOOD.
This salad is so simple to make, and SO vegetable-forward, which I absolutely love. It’s made with watercress, microgreens, cucumber ribbons, green apples, black radishes (did you know this was a thing?!), and farro. Oh and chicken thighs seared to golden perfection.
OK so can I just tell you, our new apartment has a Viking range and it’s absolutely changed my cooking game. Like, the heat is so even and amazing and I feel like a world-class chef. Lol.
But back to this salad. The real star is the “creamy” Avocado dressing. It’s dairy-free, made with avocado, lime juice, and Blue Diamond Unsweetened almondmilk. It’s suuuper creamy and thick thanks to the avocado, and when combined with the almondmilk, it has this lovely texture that resembles a creamy dressing. Only this version is better for you and made only from vegetables 🙂
Even if you’re not dairy-free, this dressing can’t be beat. Plus, look at that gorgeous green color!!!
Alex and I ate this baby while watching the latest Westworld episode… have you guys been keeping up?! I wasn’t super into Season 1 but I’m getting really into Season 2.
Anyways, this salad would be perfect for your next dinner party based on presentation alone. I just love how it looks. And I have a feeling your guests will, too.
A loaded green chicken salad with watercress, green apples, farro, and a “creamy” dairy-free avocado dressing! So perfect for summer entertaining.
for the salad:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups watercress
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1 medium green apple, cored and sliced thin
- 3–4 small black radishes, sliced thin
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced thin lengthwise
- 2–3 cups cooked farro (my personal preference is for more but you can do either!)
for the “creamy” avocado dressing:
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt
for the salad
- Heat olive oil in a large caste iron skillet over medium heat. Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken thighs, then place skin-side down into pan.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, until the skin is medium golden brown and chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and allow for chicken to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving over salad. This will help the juices to stay in the chicken, so it’s super moist!
- Meanwhile, combine all other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
for the dressing
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon of water, if necessary.
Gently place chicken thighs over salad, then drizzle with dressing!